This product is called Natural Earl Grey because we use natural bergamot oil, together with the leaf from one carefully selected estate in the Uda Pussellawa region, to achieve this superbly balanced tea that has won Robert Wilson’s Ceylon Teas many awards.
Uda Pussellawa district lies to the North & East of Nuwara Eliya District, spreading out along the Northern boundary of Uva District. This district is sometimes combined with Uva in July/August or Nuwara Eliya in February/ March because, depending on the strength of the ocean winds, in those two periods it can receive quality production conditions in both periods. The elevations in the district range from 3,000 – 5,000 feet.
The estates running close to the Nuwara Eliya boundary exhibit a rosy red colour, rather than the lighter orange colour of Nuwara Eliya and usually contain a bit more body. Later around December when frosts can occur the liquor takes on a hint of roses from the prevailing conditions. During periods of rain the liquor is darker in colour and with a bit more body. Parts of the district can receive an average of 211 days of rain every year!
- Winner of 3 star Gold at the London 2008 Annual Taste Awards
- Winner of SILVER at the London 2006 International Annual Taste Awards against all teas
- Winner of SILVER at the London 2004 International Annual Taste Awards
- Winner of GOLD at the London 2000 International Annual Taste Awards
We are delighted to be able to share this amazing Ceylon tea with you.
- Natural Earl Grey F.B.O.P./B.O.P.F can be served with or without milk. We recommend a thin slice of orange as a refreshing option.
- Will make a stronger brew to take milk if desired, increase the amount of leaf to taste
- 100% Ceylon tea guaranteed – all of our teas carry the Lion Logo symbol of quality.
OPA? BOP? FBOP? Not sure what tea grade to buy? Find out more about Ceylon Tea grades here:
Sri Lanka Tea Board: Find out more information on the Uda Pussellawa tea producing region on the Sri Lanka Tea Board website.